SSN 661 Images
Images submitted by:
Joseph Walther, MMC(SS)
From 1985 cruise - American Samoa
Small Boat Transfer
- This is how we left the submarine for liberty in American Samoa. Watch out for those waves. The zodiac sank a few times.
- For $0.25 you can get a ride around the island.
- This is the boat that brought us in.
- A few members of the crew decided to go native. Unfortunately those "lava lava's" were women's designs. The locals got a kick out of them.
Drinking all night
- Chuck Pemble (lying down) Ken Caine (sitting up). Free booze at the Governor's house, how could you pass that up?
Back to the boat
- Last day of liberty in Pago Pago, American Samoa. Make sure no one falls off.
3 nukes in Samoa
- Neal McBeth, Myself and (Scorziello?)
Return to SSN 661 Images -
SSN 661, nuclear submarine and SS 260, diesel submarine. A history, reunion and crew contact site. Images, sounds and so much more! Welcome Aboard. SSN 661 info, navy, lapon, USSLAPON, USS, U.S.S. Lapon, usslapon, u.s.s.lapon, USSLAPONSSN661 usslapon ssn661, navy, sub, subs, nuclear subs, nuclear, silent service, ssn 661, cold war., Nuclear Submarine, Submarine, usslaponssn661, Crew Contacts, Reunion information.